[MPlayer-users] Horizontal shifted line occurs sometimes after mplayer launch
Peter Irbizon
2018-02-05 10:53:30 UTC
Hi there, I am watching mjpeg stream via /dev/video0 but sometimes, when I
launch mplayer there is horizontal shifted video line. When I restart
mplayer, it disappears, or if not, I restart mlayer until it disappears
completely. Any idea please how to prevent it?

Here is a image by what I mean: Loading Image...
Reimar Döffinger
2018-02-24 15:29:56 UTC
Post by Peter Irbizon
Hi there, I am watching mjpeg stream via /dev/video0 but sometimes, when I
launch mplayer there is horizontal shifted video line. When I restart
mplayer, it disappears, or if not, I restart mlayer until it disappears
completely. Any idea please how to prevent it?
Isn't that just tearing due to missing vsync? (i.e. part of the
video is from the previous video frame, part is from the new frame)
How do you display the video? Is it using something that can do
proper vsync?