[MPlayer-users] OSD not working when compiling mplayer myself
Fourhundred Thecat
2017-07-31 08:23:06 UTC
Hello,

I am compiling mplayer2 myself (from Debian package source mplayer2_2.0)

I am trying to compile mplayer without unneeded library dependencies, so
I disable features which I don't need.

I have noticed, when I disable libass:

--disable-libass

then OSD stops working.

From what I read, libass is a library for subtitles.

Does it mean OSD is just another form of subtitles ?

thanks,
Nicolas George
2017-07-31 08:34:27 UTC
Post by Fourhundred Thecat
I am compiling mplayer2 myself (from Debian package source mplayer2_2.0)
By the way, this is the wrong mailing-list for that fork.
Post by Fourhundred Thecat
I am trying to compile mplayer without unneeded library dependencies, so
I disable features which I don't need.
--disable-libass
then OSD stops working.
From what I read, libass is a library for subtitles.
Does it mean OSD is just another form of subtitles ?
More likely it pulls the fonts libraries that are also needed for OSD.

Regards,
--
Nicolas George