[MPlayer-users] Android MPlayer shows artifacts while playing H264 stream
Harshal Patel
2015-04-08 23:31:43 UTC
Hello,

I am streaming H264 encoded video to Mplayer(Android version) on tablet.
My issue is that after starting MPlayer to play the stream, I can see
video plays okay but approximately after 200-300 frames, Mplayer shows
artifacts accumulating in lower 1/2 to 1/3 portion of the screen which
clears up after 400-500 frames and repeats it again.
I tried other players like VLC and FFPlayer (Android versions) and they
do not show any artifacts.

Can MPlayer developer/video experts give us some guess or idea what
might cause such artifacts? And recommend possible solution ?

NOTE:
With MPlayer Linux version, I am able to play stream okay(with
"benchmark" option enabled) and it does not show any artifacts.
Is there any way to turn ON the "benchmark" option in Android MPlayer?
Since the benchmark option is explained as "ignoring frame duration",
what cd my streaming source be doing that it should not, and how does
the benchmark option compensate for this?

Thank you,
Harshal Patel
HPC Systems Engineer
Signalogic Inc.

** If you would like to see a screen cap of the artifacts, look here:

http://postimg.org/image/yqn6a0a4x/
Mike Hodson
2015-04-09 07:56:21 UTC
Post by Harshal Patel
Hello,
http://postimg.org/image/yqn6a0a4x/
This image site seems to be harboring a nasty link to a script that claims
your Android keyboard is out of date, and then seems to have installed
something on my handset without my permission.. I saw 2 or 3 toasts as soon
as I tried to hit the back button, but did not capture what they were. I
can try with an android emulator shortly...

The bad script in question:

wget 'http://1phads.com/notice.php?p=16779&interactive=1&pushup=1'
--user-agent 'Mozilla/5.0 (Android; Mobile; rv:26.0) Gecko/26.0
Firefox/26.0'

Obfuscated javascript with IMHO bad intent; do not visit this site...

This then loads other urls from rtbpopd.com, which is some random site at a
web hosting company "Webzilla"

# host rtbpopd.com
rtbpopd.com has address 88.85.82.147
rtbpopd.com has address 88.85.82.148
rtbpopd.com has address 88.85.82.149

# whois 88.85.82.147
% This is the RIPE Database query service.
% The objects are in RPSL format.
%
% The RIPE Database is subject to Terms and Conditions.
% See http://www.ripe.net/db/support/db-terms-conditions.pdf

% Note: this output has been filtered.
% To receive output for a database update, use the "-B" flag.

% Information related to '88.85.82.0 - 88.85.82.255'

% Abuse contact for '88.85.82.0 - 88.85.82.255' is '***@webzilla.com'

inetnum: 88.85.82.0 - 88.85.82.255
netname: WEBAZILLA
descr: WebaZilla
remarks: INFRA-AW
country: NL
admin-c: WZNL1-RIPE
tech-c: WZNL1-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: WZNET-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

role: WebaZilla RIPE Manager
address: WebaZilla B.V.
address: Postbus 19115
address: 3501DC Utrecht
address: Netherlands
phone: +31612253464
fax-no: +31303100299
abuse-mailbox: ***@webzilla.com
mnt-by: WZNET-MNT
admin-c: BK5536-RIPE
tech-c: BK5536-RIPE
tech-c: KV1670-RIPE
nic-hdl: WZNL1-RIPE
source: RIPE # Filtered

% Information related to '88.85.64.0/19AS35415'

route: 88.85.64.0/19
descr: WEBAZILLA
origin: AS35415
mnt-by: WZNET-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

% This query was served by the RIPE Database Query Service version 1.78
(DB-1)

This is similar to the ugg-boots hacks :\

Mike