[MPlayer-users] any success compiling with gcc-6 yet?
Arthur Marsh
2015-12-13 20:15:26 UTC
Hi, I've tried building mplayer with gcc-6 but it failed with a compiler
error (which I can post if anyone's interested).

Has anyone else been attempting to build mplayer with gcc-6?

Arthur.
Arthur Marsh
2015-12-13 23:19:28 UTC
Post by Arthur Marsh
Hi, I've tried building mplayer with gcc-6 but it failed with a compiler
error (which I can post if anyone's interested).
Has anyone else been attempting to build mplayer with gcc-6?
Arthur.
libavcodec/pngdec.c:1086:12: internal compiler error: in contains_point,
at diagnostic-show-locus.c:340
static int decode_frame_common(AVCodecContext *avctx, PNGDecContext *s,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

0x102bf6f contains_point
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:340
0x102bf6f get_state_at_point
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:684
0x102c518 print_source_line
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:538
0x102c518 diagnostic_show_locus(diagnostic_context*, diagnostic_info const*)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:803
0x63e6d0 c_diagnostic_finalizer
../../src/gcc/c-family/c-opts.c:167
0x102a248 diagnostic_report_diagnostic(diagnostic_context*,
diagnostic_info*)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic.c:800
0x102b2f0 warning_at(unsigned int, int, char const*, ...)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic.c:1029
0xb3cfd1 warn_uninit
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:157
0xb42446 warn_uninitialized_phi
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:2366
0xb42446 execute
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:2459
Please submit a full bug report,
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
common.mak:60: recipe for target 'libavcodec/pngdec.o' failed

building on Debian x86-64.
Arthur Marsh
2015-12-19 22:16:25 UTC
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
[...]
Another weird side-effect of running ./configure with --cc=gcc-6 is that
dirac support gets removed.

I'll wait until Debian releases another snapshot unless anyone can
suggest how to narrow down the bug into a reportable state.

Arthur.
Alexander Strasser
2015-12-20 00:08:40 UTC
Hi Arthur,

thanks for testing build with gcc-6.
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
Hi, I've tried building mplayer with gcc-6 but it failed with a compiler
error (which I can post if anyone's interested).
Has anyone else been attempting to build mplayer with gcc-6?
Arthur.
libavcodec/pngdec.c:1086:12: internal compiler error: in contains_point,
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I read ICE here...
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
at diagnostic-show-locus.c:340
static int decode_frame_common(AVCodecContext *avctx, PNGDecContext *s,
^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
0x102bf6f contains_point
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:340
0x102bf6f get_state_at_point
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:684
0x102c518 print_source_line
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:538
0x102c518 diagnostic_show_locus(diagnostic_context*, diagnostic_info const*)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic-show-locus.c:803
...and from the remaining back trace one could assume
an error manifesting in the diagnostig reporting machinery
from gcc.
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
0x63e6d0 c_diagnostic_finalizer
../../src/gcc/c-family/c-opts.c:167
0x102a248 diagnostic_report_diagnostic(diagnostic_context*,
diagnostic_info*)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic.c:800
0x102b2f0 warning_at(unsigned int, int, char const*, ...)
../../src/gcc/diagnostic.c:1029
0xb3cfd1 warn_uninit
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:157
0xb42446 warn_uninitialized_phi
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:2366
0xb42446 execute
../../src/gcc/tree-ssa-uninit.c:2459
Please submit a full bug report,
Please include the complete backtrace with any bug report.
See <file:///usr/share/doc/gcc-6/README.Bugs> for instructions.
common.mak:60: recipe for target 'libavcodec/pngdec.o' failed
libavcodec/pngdec.c is in FFmpeg, but as I said
before it very much looks like a bug in gcc.
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
building on Debian x86-64.
Another weird side-effect of running ./configure with --cc=gcc-6 is that
dirac support gets removed.
I'll wait until Debian releases another snapshot unless anyone can suggest
how to narrow down the bug into a reportable state.
Maybe you should try reporting problems with gcc snapshots
from Debian to Debian first? In the hope they could handle
your report efficiently and maybe forward to gcc upstream
or e.g. send you to us if they think it is not a gcc problem.

Alexander
Arthur Marsh

Arthur Marsh
2015-12-20 20:50:52 UTC
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
Post by Arthur Marsh
building on Debian x86-64.
Another weird side-effect of running ./configure with --cc=gcc-6 is that
dirac support gets removed.
I'll wait until Debian releases another snapshot unless anyone can suggest
how to narrow down the bug into a reportable state.
Maybe you should try reporting problems with gcc snapshots
from Debian to Debian first? In the hope they could handle
your report efficiently and maybe forward to gcc upstream
or e.g. send you to us if they think it is not a gcc problem.
Alexander
OK, I received the reply:

this bug report is useless without the full stacktrace, the command line
options used, and the preprocessed source.

How would I provide that for pngdec.c from an mplayer build?

(e.g. options to ./configure, manual editing of makefile...?)

Arthur.
Arthur Marsh
2015-12-20 22:15:28 UTC
Post by Arthur Marsh
this bug report is useless without the full stacktrace, the command line
options used, and the preprocessed source.
How would I provide that for pngdec.c from an mplayer build?
(e.g. options to ./configure, manual editing of makefile...?)
I added -v -save-temps to the start of the cc flags in config.mak and
the source built fine, and I've sent the output from the build of
pngdec.c and the pngdec.i file to the Debian bug tracker.

Funny how when one added the -v -save-temps that the source built fine.

Arthur.
Mike Castle
2015-12-21 03:18:52 UTC
http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/H/heisenbug.html
Paolo Bolzoni
2015-12-21 12:08:51 UTC
Post by Alexander Strasser
I read ICE here...
What does ICE stand for?
Matus UHLAR - fantomas
2015-12-21 12:28:05 UTC
Post by Paolo Bolzoni
Post by Alexander Strasser
I read ICE here...
What does ICE stand for?
it was written in the previous mail: internal compiler error.
--
Matus UHLAR - fantomas, ***@fantomas.sk ; http://www.fantomas.sk/
One OS to bring them all and into darkness bind them