[MPlayer-users] shifted image in fast scenes/moving
Peter Irbizon
2016-06-08 16:29:36 UTC
Hello, I would like ask you for help:
During fast scenes (or when fast moving with my usb camera) I have always
under one line shifted picture (but after a while when it stabilizes
picture everything is clear again).
My deinterlacing is set to pp=lb.

Any idea how could I supress this line shift?
Many thanks.
Julián F. Nuñez
2016-06-09 13:50:45 UTC
Are you familiar with VSync?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_tearing
Post by Peter Irbizon
http://s33.postimg.org/y6muwxe27/pic_vid.jpg
During fast scenes (or when fast moving with my usb camera) I have always
under one line shifted picture (but after a while when it stabilizes
picture everything is clear again).
My deinterlacing is set to pp=lb.
Any idea how could I supress this line shift?
Many thanks.
"I do not mean for a moment that we ought not to think, and think hard,
about improvements in our social and economic system. What I do mean is
that all that thinking will be mere moonshine unless we realize that
nothing but the courage and unselfishness of individuals is ever going to
make any system work properly." -- C. S. Lewis
Peter Irbizon
Nick Koretsky
2016-06-09 21:52:24 UTC
On Thu, 9 Jun 2016 16:53:38 +0200
Post by Peter Irbizon
Great Julian! I didn't know it is called Screen tearing.
Please how could I solve it with mplayer? I am using mplayer on Raspberry
Pi (Raspbian)
mplayer enables vsync by default when using -vo gl (swapinterval option),
but it depends on actual GL implementation in the driver (read - it may
not work on Raspberry pi or require some tweaking). You better ask about it
on Raspberry Pi forums/lists, not the mplayer one.
Nick Koretsky (***@gmail.com)
Peter Irbizon
2016-06-10 07:01:02 UTC
Thanks Nick. I asked there too.
I tried -vo gl but tearing was still there. I will try to investigate it
more. But please, if you find a solution, post it here. Many thanks