[MPlayer-users] The software knows better than I do
Mikus Grinbergs
2017-09-29 22:04:48 UTC
I like keeping up with things - so I recompile mpv every month or so.
My previous mpv build (mpv 0.26.0-238-g9cb7f87b86) compiled fine and ran
fine. But my current mpv build (mpv 0.27.0-83-ge544c3f7b3) compiled
without CUDA support. When I specified '--keep' to the command and
'--enable-cuda-hwaccel' as an option, the compile (having already spent
time compiling many ffmpeg modules) stopped after its "Checking for ..."
messages, and told me "You manually enabled the feature 'cuda-hwaccel',
but the autodetection check failed."

Given that for more than a year all previous versions of mpv have worked
with the CUDA interface to my system, I *wish* that there was a way for
me to specify "keep compiling", even when the current version's
autodetect thinks I'm asking for the inclusion of useless capability.

[ Ubuntu 17.04; Nvidia GTX 1060 card; Nvidia 384.90 driver ]

mikus
Alexander Strasser
2017-10-04 23:13:22 UTC

this list is about MPlayer.

MPlayer is not mpv.

It is very unlikely (and likely off-topic) to get help on mpv
on this mailing list.

Same is true for your other question.

I am sure mpv has its own community support channels advertised
on its web page.

Alexander
mikus
wm4
2017-10-05 11:54:22 UTC
On Thu, 5 Oct 2017 01:13:22 +0200
Post by Alexander Strasser
Hi,
this list is about MPlayer.
MPlayer is not mpv.
It is very unlikely (and likely off-topic) to get help on mpv
on this mailing list.
Same is true for your other question.
I am sure mpv has its own community support channels advertised
on its web page.
Indeed, and the mpv project certainly doesn't encourage posting here or
even link mplayer-users anywhere. I have no idea why these people post
here. It's definitely off-topic.