[MPlayer-users] need help on running mplayer to watch tv
Long Wind
2017-08-08 22:10:26 UTC
i can watch tv with xawtv
now i want to use mplayer

mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:input=1 -vo xv tv://

command above is right, but there's no sound
tv sound is connected to linein of sound card
which options should i add??

Thanks!
Laxman tale
2017-08-13 04:31:15 UTC
I believe , you should use -ao option to audio.
Specify the correct audio out installed for your sound card.
Thanks,
Lakshman Tale.

Andy Furniss
2017-08-13 09:20:37 UTC
Post by Long Wind
i can watch tv with xawtv
now i want to use mplayer
mplayer -tv driver=v4l2:width=640:height=480:input=1 -vo xv tv://
command above is right, but there's no sound
tv sound is connected to linein of sound card
which options should i add??
Looking at > decade old mencoder notes it seems I once did

... driver=<other options>:amode=1:audiorate=48000:alsa:adevice=hw.0 ...

I don't know how pulse would mess this up (I still haven't used it).

you would also need to check hw.0 is the correct device for you and IIRC
mess about with alsamixer to unmute/set levels for line in.