[MPlayer-users] Pause and UDP slave mode
Edit B
2016-01-11 14:19:23 UTC
Hi guys,

Controlling a file over UDP. Works swell for normal playback, but Mplayer
does not seem to understand backwards playing, not even on I frame only
material.

But worse, if I pause the clip (either stop the UDP sending or keep sending
the same time), Mplayer pauses the video but keeps playing a bit of sound.
(some 300 Msecs) in a loop.
That gets kinda annoying.
Is there a way of preventing this?
Also, when Mplayer is paused like this, it is not responsive anymore, moving
/ scaling the window is no longer possible.
Are there more commands I can send besides time and "bye" ?

Thx,

Bouke

---
Reimar Döffinger
2016-02-08 23:02:36 UTC
Post by Edit B
But worse, if I pause the clip (either stop the UDP sending or keep sending
the same time), Mplayer pauses the video but keeps playing a bit of sound.
(some 300 Msecs) in a loop.
That gets kinda annoying.
Is there a way of preventing this?
Sounds like buggy audio output module or even audio driver, at least
the better ones should stop after an underrun.
Otherwise I guess if you want pause support you'd probably have to add
that.
Because currently the slave will just continue to play after 30 seconds.
Post by Edit B
Also, when Mplayer is paused like this, it is not responsive anymore, moving
/ scaling the window is no longer possible.
Yes, it is stopped in the timing function, it can't even
redraw the window in that case.
Post by Edit B
Are there more commands I can send besides time and "bye" ?
Not yet.