[MPlayer-users] YouTube live streams/HLS
Josh
2016-05-08 20:31:43 UTC
I was wondering if anyone was able to get live YouTube streams to work
in mplayer, at least without piping using program like YouTube-dl?

Getting the real URL isn't the issue (used mostly in SMPlayer, which
will do that then pass it to mplayer). The streams only play for a
approx 5-10 seconds then exit, with messages like:

[tls @ 017575a0]The specified session has been invalidated for some reason.

[https @ 017575a0]HTTP error 403 Forbidden

[hls,applehttp @ 01742220]Failed to reload playlist 0

I'm using GnuTLS 3.3.22. I tried Zeranoe's ffmpeg ffplay and the streams
worked fine. I'm not sure what the configuration difference there is for
say GnuTLS since his site doesn't go too in depth, just that v3.3.22 was
used.

http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1600.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1615.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1624.log

The URL used is Sky News Live
(one has to use 'youtube-dl
-g' to get the .m3u8 URL)
Josh
2016-05-12 03:40:18 UTC
Post by Josh
I was wondering if anyone was able to get live YouTube streams to work
in mplayer, at least without piping using program like YouTube-dl?
Getting the real URL isn't the issue (used mostly in SMPlayer, which
will do that then pass it to mplayer). The streams only play for a
I'm using GnuTLS 3.3.22. I tried Zeranoe's ffmpeg ffplay and the streams
worked fine. I'm not sure what the configuration difference there is for
say GnuTLS since his site doesn't go too in depth, just that v3.3.22 was
used.
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1600.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1615.log
http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160508-1624.log
The URL used is Sky News Live
http://youtu.be/y60wDzZt8yg (one has to use 'youtube-dl
-g' to get the .m3u8 URL)
Seems OpenSSL wasn't the solution.
Andy Furniss
2016-05-12 08:49:52 UTC
Post by Josh
Post by Josh
[...]
I can reproduce this but it works with mpv.

In the working mpv case ffmpeg does throw an error every chunk - don't
know if that's mesing things up.

[ffmpeg] tls: The TLS connection was non-properly terminated.
Josh
2016-05-20 06:14:05 UTC
Post by Andy Furniss
Post by Josh
Post by Josh
[...]
I tried the patch just posted here although I don't think it was geared
toward this issue:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2016-May/073492.html

and there is some improvement, mplayer doesn't simply exit anymore
although it is really struggling to play anything at least from YouTube
live streams. It'll play a couple of seconds and stall for maybe 10 or
so seconds before resuming.

http://mplayerwin.sourceforge.net/logs/mplayer-20160520-0210.log